Did you know the best way to take a shower is to alternate between hot and cold water? This is called a contrast shower. What you do is shower on hot for 2-3 minutes then suddenly switch to cold for 30 seconds to a minute. The bigger the temperature difference, the better. Make sure you get that cold water on your head and over your kidneys! Repeat this as many times as you would like but make sure you end that shower on cold!
Why would you do this?
1. It is actually fun. Challenge yourself!
2. It improve blood flow.
3. It stimulates your brain to release 'feel good' hormones.
4. It helps your body handle stress more efficiently.
5. It reduces inflammation.
6. It increases immune fighting cells in the body.
7. It improves your detoxification mechanisms.
8. It decreases muscle soreness.
9. Do you really need anymore reasons than that?